Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekly Menu

I have been doing a meal plan weekly and it has helped. Although last week was a little crazy and I never got to it. I have been trying to do it the week before so I have it ready on Monday for the grocery store. Needless to say, I just got back from the grocery store (it's 2pm, Tuesday). I will list my menu here and will do this every Monday. I also will post some check points throughout the week on how I am doing with the Eat more fruits and veggies challenge. I don't hardly ever eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry in the morning (that is why you will see the quick poptarts or cereal breakfast on my menu) but I am going to try better with that. It also doesn't help when Mom doesn't get up early enough to cook a breakfast! Lunch is usually just a quick leftover or sandwich. I will be better at that once my other 3 kids will be home for the summer in a few weeks. My 3 year old loves his dinosaur sandwiches, so normally that is what he gets. I'll work on him too!

This weeks menu plan...

Monday May 12th
B- cereal
L- chicken salad sandwich (it did have celery in it!)
D- Baked chicken, rice, broccoli and strawberry shortcake

Tuesday May 13th
B- poptarts
L- chicken salad sandwich (remember I hadn't made it to the grocery store yet!)
D-Shepherds Pie, Cheese loaf and banana pudding parfait


Wednesday May 14th
B- waffles with fruit
L- PB & J with peaches
D- Chicken Salad Wraps, cucumbers (instead of chips) and fruit salad

Thursday May 15th
B- Cereal and bananas
L- Good ol' chef boyardee ravioli and fruit
D- Aloha pork chops (includes tomatoes and pineapple), Parsley Potatoes & Broccoli. Desert will be Apple Crisp.

Friday May 16th thru Sunday May 16th we will be out of town. Sunday evening will be leftovers!

This is not very healthy yet! LOL. I am working on it and will get better with more ideas on how to eat and cook veggies. Stay tuned, I believe you will see a very unhealthy eater become a very healthy eater real quick! My menu may change a bit with what fruits or veggies are going to be eaten that day. Depends on my mood and what needs to be eaten quicker!

I only had one veggie and one fruit yesterday unless I can count the celery in the chicken salad! My goal is 4 fruits and veggies a day. I almost made it yesterday! Today so far...doesn't look good for me to reach my goal! But, tomorrow is another day. Talk with you soon!

Blessings,

Chele

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to eat more fruits and veggies,too. Yesterday was pretty bad - only 2 veggies. Yikes! Today, I made it to 3 veggies and 1 fruit. My goal is 5 veggies and 2 or 3 fruits per day. I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not bad Marci! You did a lot better than me. I had some mixed veggies with dinner last night. That is all I got too. I didn't make my dessert soon enough for it to be ready before bedtime! My intentions are good! We'll see how today goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still in shock that you actually have deserts with your supper!!! I thought those were only on special occasions or when you go to your mother-in-laws house ;) Very nice. Monday night we had stir fry and in that stir fry was squash, celery, red peppers, yellow peppers, asparagus, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, onions and those are the veggies that I can remember...you think that counts as all my veggies for a week? LOL OH and I've been eating salsa and chips for lunch every day and salsa has ALL kinds of veggies in it...well, tomatoes, onions, and jalopena peppers, it has lime juice and there's my fruit!! LOL Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. I think this is a GREAT start...but don't try to do this on your own. Remember to lean on the LORD, You can do all things through Christ that strenghtens you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My encourager would be Erika!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete