Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ponderings

My wonderful Mom is here visiting this weekend. I am so thankful. I was thinking about the things I do that my Mom used to do to me. You know, those things that you said "I will never do that to my kids". I can give you something I thought of. I always said I would never lick my finger and wipe my child's dirt or sticky food off their cheeks or anywhere on their face. Really it's unsanitary but a lot of Mom's do it! Yes, you guessed it... I do that to my children. I giggle everytime I do it! I also catch myself saying things my Mom used to say and it taught me some real lessons in life. I can only pray that it touches my children like it did me. Things like kill them with kindness and everything happens for a reason. Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you (that is said many different ways but you get the jist!) Oh I could go on and on but I really need to get off here for now and visit more with my parents!

What kind of things do you do or say that you catch yourself doing or saying to your children? I would love to hear them!

Have a beautiful Mother's Day weekend!!

Blessings,
Chele

2 comments:

  1. Let's see, kill em with kindness was one and still is one with me. You can't help how you feel was another one that was great, of course you CAN help your actions. Everything happens for a reason was one of mom's too....maybe we aren't the only ones who are lost sisters?!?! :) One I DIDN'T keep was the one that no matter what was wrong with you, stomachache, toothache, headache, didn't matter what it was her answer was ALWAYS,"Go try to stinky." Or poopy, whatever you call it, you get the idea. We tease her terribly about that one!!

    Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chele for your comment on The Creative Mama, your kindred friendship sounds like such a blessing!

    Loved this post as well :) Just yesterday I said to my 4 yr old "I brought you into this world!" Then my husband and I both fell over laughing at how silly it sounded - our son just looked perplexed ;)

    Fabulous blog here, I look forward to coming back!

    ReplyDelete