Friday, May 8, 2009

What does Mother's day mean to you?

I have so much to be thankful for. I have 4 wonderful, healthy children.


They do keep me busy. I do get frustrated, scared, and I hurt for them frequently. I sometimes catch myself wanting to protect them. I am not God, I cannot control everything that happens to them. I can only pray for them and have the wisdom to give them the right encouragement and words to say. Don't get me wrong, I still have a job to do but I need to remember that I cannot do it all by myself!!


My children are 3 boys (ages 13, 11, 3) and a girl (age 6). They are healthy, active (very!), friendly, loving and so much more. Most of all, they know Jesus and love Him. They pray all the time. They point out things I don't see sometimes. Motherhood is amazing! God would not have given me 4 children if I couldn't take care of them. The point is, I can only do it with His help! We are not "well off" but our children always seem to get what they need. God-incidents happen all the time (not coincidence)! There has been times where I wasn't sure they would have food to eat or a roof over our heads. He has always provided for us and will continue. I believe in God and I trust God to get me through anything!


I have learned that children need to be taught the "Fruits of the Spirit". (We are actually doing that with our Youth Sunday School class right now.) It is who we should be. It will show that we love the Lord and we are Christians! What an awesome mentor we can be to our children!


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galatians 5:22-23 NIV


If we are able receive the fruits of the Spirit, we will in return pass them down as a gift to our children. What a gift for our children!!! We should be thankful for that same gift that has been handed down by our Father! Try working on those fruits of the Spirit. What a change you will feel and see!


I can say that I need to pray for more patience and self-control. Those are the two hardest for me! I work on them daily!


As a Mother, we have our times of being fearful for our children. Scared we cannot provide or protect. Terrified that we cannot do our part! Give it to God, trust him to take care of it! All I can say to that, is pray, pray, pray!! It works, I am proof!


I am a normal Christian mother that wants all for my children I can give them. I can't tell you how many times I have been frustrated with my lack of organization in my home (and life) but I know that I am doing the best I can.


I welcome you to leave any comments of encouragement or to just tell me that I am not alone in this! LOL.

Answer this: On the list of the Fruits of the Spirit, what do you need to work on?


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU ALL!!!


Blessings,
Chele

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I know I commented on this!! I even picked the fruits that I needed to work on. Where did the comment go?

    My fruits that I need help with are self-control and patience. Oh Lord here I come again!!!

    ReplyDelete