Monday, June 29, 2009

Feeding Time – Seeking God and Protection for Women

This week I asked you to read Numbers Chapters 9 and 30. Let’s go over it.

Numbers Chapter 9

“But some of them could not celebrate the Passover on that day because they were ceremonially unclean on account of a dead body. So they came to Moses and Aaron that same day and said to Moses, “We have become unclean because of a dead body, but why should we be kept from presenting the Lord’s offering with the other Israelites at the appointed time?” Moses answered them, “ Wait until I find out what the Lord commands concerning you.” Then the Lord said to Moses, “ tell the Israelites: ‘When any of you or your descendants are unclean because of a dead body or are away on a journey, the may still celebrate the Lord’s Passover.” Numbers 9:6-10

I love how this shows Moses, even though he was definitely close to God, waited for God’s direction. He waited to see what God wanted not what he thought God wanted. I know I am guilty of this. What would’ve happened if Moses did not seek God’s direction and told them they could not celebrate Passover? Scary thing, huh?

 

Numbers Chapter 30

I’ll be completely honest here, I had trouble understanding this one. So anyone that has another perspective please comment!

“If a woman living with her husband makes a vow or obligates herself by a pledge under oath and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her and does not forbid her, then all her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. But if her husband nullifies them when he hears about them, then none of the vows or pledges that came from her lips will stand. Her husband has nullified them, and the Lord will release her.” Numbers 30:10-12

The only thing I see here is that if the husband does not believe in what she is pledging to do or has obligated herself to do, God will not hold the wife accountable. Which really is a good thing, if you don’t have a Christian husband. My bible says that this is the only law about women’s vows. It says it was made to protect the women because of the authority of husband and father. I told you I’m learning right along with you!!

Do you seek God’s direction in everything you do? Is it hard for you to see God’s presence or hear God’s direction? I know sometime I hear and see but sometimes I don’t, you have to be patient in waiting on the Lord! 

What about Chapter 30? Anyone have any other comment on this? This one was really difficult for me to get. I searched the bible for more and came up with nothing.

Next week: Read Deuteronomy Chapters 6 and 11.

Lord God help us to understand your word and take it with us throughout the week. Protect these ladies and their families so that we meet again. Help us to find JOY in living everyday! In Jesus Name I pray, Amen!

Many, many Blessings!

Chele

No comments:

Post a Comment