Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson – It is NOT our place!

I can’t believe I am writing about this but I feel very strong about this. On my Facebook, there are already comments that I don’t want to hear! I don’t care who you are, you loved this man at one time! I pray that whomever reads this knows that this is written after reading some scripture in the Bible and praying.

The biggest accusation against MJ is the child molestation that he was found not guilty of in our legal system. I am a victim of child molestation so this is hard but I have had to find my forgiveness throughout my life to the person who did this to me. And since I have, I look at it totally different. The thing that everyone needs to remember is only MJ, God and the children involved know the truth. So if he is guilty of it… it is God’s revenge not ours. It is in His hands! We are to love one another no matter what! We are to pray for people that are sinners and those that are accused of sinning. If he is NOT guilty of it then people are really doing wrong in the eyes of God.

I can’t stand to hear these comments to the point that I don’t want to go back on Facebook until this has passed. It is not our place to accuse anyone of anything, especially when we are not involved!

Michael Jackson was an icon. He was the King of Pop! His music always makes me move, I can even picture his videos while listening to the radio! I was never a big fan of gossiping about celebrities. I never speak out about anyone that is famous. Because to me, they are the same as me… they just have the media that we do not.  Thank the good Lord I don’t have to deal with what they do!

This man (famous or not) has died. His family is mourning the loss of their loved one. Along with the fans of MJ grieving. It is not the time to make nasty comments. Think about it this way… if it were you who died, would you want people celebrating the life you led or saying horrible comments about the things you have done (or might have done) wrong in life. We all are sinners! A sin is a sin. There is not one worse than the other. So people who are making nasty comments, your sin for doing this is the same as a sin of molesting a child. Ouch!

I am loving twitter though. Bart from MercyMe had on his twitter yesterday about how MJ was someone that he looked up to with his music. This is a Christian singer that was influenced by the King of Pop! Awesome!!!

Now that I got that off my chest. I do feel better but I am debating if I am going to post it. I don’t need crazy people commenting or emailing but I also know that we are told to speak God’s truth to everyone. (You see me talking this through, right?!) Yep, I’m going to post because I am listening to God and putting it into action!

I pray for those that have hate for what they think MJ might have done. I pray for those children involved that if it did happen… that they can recover and forgive him. If it didn’t really happen, then I pray they ask God for forgiveness. Same with MJ, I hope and pray he made good with the Lord. I hope that if he did do this, he asked God for forgiveness. If he didn’t do it then I hope that he forgave all of the accusers. This is my prayer for anyone involved in a child molestation situation.

Here are a few of the scriptures I read before writing this (believe me there are a lot more I read but these stand out for me):

“Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent—the Lord detests them both.” Proverbs 17:15

“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written:   “it is mine to avenge; I will repay”, says the Lord.  On the contrary:   “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”             Romans 12:17-21

“Now may the Lord’s strength be displayed, just as you have declared; ‘The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.’ In accordance with your great love, forgive the sin of these people, just as you have pardoned them from the time they left Egypt until now”.  Numbers 14:17-19

“But I tell you who hear me; Love your enemies, do goo to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, don not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.” Luke 6: 27-31

“But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” Luke 6: 35-36

 

I hope I didn’t step on anyone's toes here but I had to get it off my chest.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed weekend!

Chele

7 comments:

  1. The facebook jokes are a little much, aren't they? I do remember how much we all loved MJ back in the day. It is a shame that his later life turned into such a joke for everyone. We forget that he was a person and had a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I think you are right on in this and I'm glad you posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Marci, I cannot stand when people joke about someone especially when there is a death involved! I couldn't hold myself back on writing this. Hopefully and prayerfully people realize what those kind of jokes do! Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you a comment it feels like hours ago! Hmmm, anyway, I heard one joke today from someone that made me so disappointed in them :( I agree with you completely and I'm so glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get another comment Erika... that's weird! Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog echos my thoughts exactly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Vindiciti - thank you for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete