Monday, July 6, 2009

Feeding Time – Love the Lord With Everything You Have and Are!

Last week I asked you to read Deuteronomy Chapters 6 and 11. Both are pretty much the same and after reading both, I feel I understand better! Here we go!

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” Deuteronomy 6:5

If you follow this no man will be able to stand against you. (Deuteronomy 11:25). I love promises from God! If you faithfully obey this command God will give you many blessings! If you do not obey the command He gives, He will get angry! (Deuteronomy 11:26-32 and 6:25)

“Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road,when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:7-9

Ahhh!! In your homes and in your cars I see post it notes, wall art, signs, books and more!  Also in your homes, at the stores, at others homes, at the beach, on walks, and so much more… act it so your children and everyone else will see it!  My Bible states to posting notes on your fridge, dashboard and bathroom mirror. For me it would be those things but also on my computer! As a reminder for the requirement to real living!! I don’t know about you but I love this!!

God is so good. The scripture helps us to remember that God is like us. When we don’t follow his rules, he gets upset with us. When we do follow his rules he blesses us! Awesome! I see it as a Mom with my children. Same thing goes! There are consequences when are children don’t obey. Same thing with the children of God (us!). Do you see this the way I do? Are these Monday studies helping anyone at all? Do you want me to continue them?

Next week read: Joshua Chapters 2 and 3. Two of my favorite stories! :)

Lord God help us to remember everyday and every moment that we are to love you with all our heart. You come first! Then our families, ourselves and our friends! Thank you for the promise you give us to obey and the blessings will flow! I do say special prayer while my two oldest (and our youth) are states away on a mission trip. Help them to see the real reason they are there, help them to reach out to others and be your feet and hands throughout this week. Keep them safe, Lord! In Jesus Name I pray. AMEN!

Many, many blessings throughout this week!

Chele

2 comments:

  1. All I could do was sing the song. I didn't realize that it came from Deuteronomy. Too funny. Now it's stuck in my head. "Love the Lord your God with all you heart, with all your soul, with all your might (or is it mind?), with all your strength. I will love You!, dadada da ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I didn't even see that! But it is a Led By Christ favorite to play! :)

    ReplyDelete