Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday’s Blessings

Well my big idea last week was to do this every Friday. I didn’t have as many comments as I thought I would but I am going to continue hoping that people are reading this and thinking about it. It is very important to notice every blessing (big and small) to have a positive outlook on your life.

The idea is to think of a blessing that stands out from your week. Believe me it is hard to decide which one to share (so more than one is excellent to share!)  Whatever size of a blessing it is! You can either post it on your blog and link back here or write your blessing in the comments section. (I will eventually put up the new linking system everyone else is doing but I will do that on my new site. More about that to come soon!) 

Are you with me? Are you ready to be blessed by seeing blessings? To give you a little incentive, this will help.

Noticing blessings when you are having a bad day, or situation, or a problem your dealing with… will help you see the joy that God wants us to have no matter what!

mission trip 09 My boys are the ones in the orange shirt and white shirt. The rest of the peeps are some of my wonderful Youth (that I love like my own!) from church on their mission trip this week. Thankfully one of the girls has been sharing her pictures on Facebook. Yep, I copied it from hers but she gave me permission too!

Do you know what I am going to say? I really have a few blessings in one circumstance. I am so blessed to have a church that takes their Youth on these types of trips. Otherwise, financially they would not be there right now! I can’t wait until tonight to hear what they have learned this week!! We all take people for granted time and time again. Sometimes without realizing it! This week I learned how much help they really are at home! How much they do love their family! When they are here they are constantly helping around the house and playing with my 6 and 3 year olds. I had moments this week that I wished they were here to keep them from whining! That is bad on my part and I realize that (another blessing is realizing something you should not be doing or saying!) My little ones were really not too bad, I’m just so used to having the older ones to help keep them busy (although I realize that is my job but still they help!) Even the little ones were missing them all week and counting down until they come home!You don’t realize how much you miss someone until they are not there! I miss my boys, I am ready for them to come home but it is a true blessing that they were able to do this mission trip. I give God all the Glory!! I realize I think of a blessing to be more than this huge thing that happens, which is what most people think it is. I like to think that anytime you realize something that is a blessing from God. He convicts your heart when you say and do things you shouldn’t. The conviction itself is a blessing from Him! God is good!!

Your Turn… what blessings did you have this week? I would love to hear from you!

Many Blessings to you all throughout this weekend!

Chele

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo! Wait! I'm going to change my post for today and link back here! Wait for my coffee to kick in and the creativity to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marci- you are the best! My faithful blogger friend! :) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my post for Friday's Blessings.

    http://overcomingbusy.com/2009/07/10/lessons-from-grandma-count-your-blessings/

    ReplyDelete
  4. whomever sees this, go check Marci's page... it is beautiful, exactly what I am talking about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I'm reading this almost a week late...OH yeah, okay my blessings were numerous that week. My mom stayed with Mallory and me while the boys were on the mission trip, that was fun. I didn't have to cook!!! HUGE blessing for me ;0 We had lasagna!!!! Another HUGE blesssing for ME! LOL Mallory had lots of friends to play with, boy do we mamas love to see our kids happy or what? My brother stayed two nights with us and I got to talk to him, that was nice. I had a friend come by and my mom and I enjoyed her company so much. I actually bought me something to lounge around in that matches and doesn't have holes or stains in it!! WooHoo!! Mallory got some much needed pj's. I'm going to stop here because it's basically a blog but man was I blessed last week =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha... we all need to be excited like this! :) I am so glad to hear you had time with your brother... cool!!

    ReplyDelete