Monday, July 13, 2009

Is that you God? Should I stop or continue?

Have you ever thought, just maybe it isn’t working the way you are doing things? Is it hard for you to discern if it is God or the Devil?

I’m having that problem right now, actually for the past week or two. I feel this Feeding Time Weekly Bible Study is not working. I have been stressing myself trying to figure if it is God or the Devil. Stress would not be of the Lord. So it has really got me worked up! This is the hardest day of the week for me, writing this is a lot of work. I don’t mind the work but I don’t feel like it is doing anything for the readers (which is the real reason I am writing it!) If anyone is really reading it. I have had a handful of comments usually from the same two people. I thank them from the bottom of my heart!  Marci has written a post called Post Comment…. (awhile back.) This post really had me thinking of how important it is to leave a comment when you visit someone’s blog. (It’s a great read, go check it out!) In the blogging world I remember her post each time I visit someone’s blog! I am human so when I am not getting comments, I don’t think I am reaching people. Don’t get me wrong, I am still going to do it for myself! It has began to be a habit for me, which is awesome! So anyway, I am taking a break from it for now. If I hear enough feedback for me to continue with it, I will continue soon. So please, if you are enjoying it email me or comment so I know I am reaching people!! I hope that this does not upset anyone but I’m sure you would feel the same way. Us bloggers put a lot of work into what we write each day.

On another note, thank you Overcoming Busy for my E-book from the Creative Mama! You two are amazing women! I can’t say it enough!! :)

Now to go work on that new site… have a blessed Monday! I know I am!

Chele

6 comments:

  1. A couple weeks ago, on a Menu Plan Monday post, I wrote about taking a step back and re-evaluating why I do things. It is good to take a critical look at our activities from time to time. Our reasons for originally doing something might change or our priorities might be a little different now. Look at what you are trying to accomplish with Feeding Time. Is it for you (then who cares if anyone comments or not!) or is it for others. One thought I had was - Monday's are hard...for anything :) Maybe that's just me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brilliant! Thanks Marci for reminding me of that. Maybe that is it, Monday's are so hard...trying to get into the swing of a new week and much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I read your blog, pretty much daily. I do not always leave comments though. I enjoy your posts, every single one. Esp. ones like these...they really open my eyes and make me think! I am sure there are many more ppl. reading than what you think. Although, I know comments are great to us bloggers!! Hang in there girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heidi... I appreciate knowing that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also read your blog daily, but since I've started using a reader, I usually forget to leave comments. I'm so sorry! I totally feel your pain, and have great lapses in blogging due to lack of comments/readers (not to mention the current life overhaul I'm in the middle of). I fully enjoy reading your posts every day, however. They're moving and inspirational. I, too, know that I can't be a Proverbs 31 woman this side of heaven but aspire to try my very best to follow the example.

    Don't let the devil distract you from your ministry! I'm praying for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vindiciti - thanks so much for letting me know! I know the reader does cause that sometimes! This is why I love blogging right here. You don't know me but you are going to pray for me! Thank you! It just reminds me that Us Christians are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete